Saturday, July 21, 2012

Why did we choose Islam?


From: http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=80


Converts share their experiences

Perfect work
Islam’s coherent structure of moral teaching and practical life programme attracted me. It is a perfect work of architecture. All its parts complement each other: nothing is superfluous or lacking. - Muhammad Asad (Leopold Weiss)

True freedom
I am attracted to Islam’s concept of One God. Nothing is like Him. This belief in the Oneness of God librates man from servitude to any human being and this is true freedom. The direct relationship between God and His servants also attracted me. - Ibrahim Khalil (Philobus)

Perfection
Islam is perfection Compared to other scriptures, The Qur’an is like the Sun compared to a match. Anyone who reads the Word of Allah with a mind that is not completely closed to the Truth, will become a Muslim - Saifuddin Dirk Walter Mosig

Inner Peace
When I read the Qur’an, I really felt that this is a belief that I should have. I can’t really explain it, only one who has reverted would understand, because it’s a feeling, an inner peace. - Canadian Sister

Books against Islam
I came to Islam after reading the books written against Islam. I felt that these writers feared the dynamism of Islam. They put it to utter disgrace because they feared it.

Oneness of God
It is pure monotheism. It has a clear moral system. No scripture expresses the message of the Oneness of God as clearly as The Qur’an – Yahya

Slow Dawning
It was a slow dawning. It wasn’t like I woke up one night and said ‘This is it’. Reading the Qur’an answered my questions of faith in a logical manner – Carole Strum

Science
I am convinced that the Qur’an is the Word of God. Things mentioned in the Qur’an were discovered by scientists in the last 100 years. The only one who could have known those things 1400 years ago was God. – Khadija Evans

Liberating
Because you cover yourself up you’are not seen as a sex symbol, and because people cant judge you on your appearance, they have to judge you as a Human Being. That’s quite liberating. You don’t need anything else once you’ve found Islam. – Bahiya Malik (Lucy Norris)

Reason
Having a mind that accepts ideas on their factual merit makes believing in a religion difficult because most religious require acceptance by faith. Islam appeals to man’s reasoning. – Dr. Jeffery Lang

Liberated
When I became a servent of Allah, I became liberated from all other forms of servitude. Others may thing they are liberated but they are addicted to hoarding wealth, unlawful sec and intoxicants. – Yahya Donald W. Flood

Nothing irrational
The logical and fascination style of The Qur’an penetrated deep into my soul. In Islam there is no irrational or unbelievable tenet or anything contradictory to modern science. – Dr Hamid Marcus

Life Itself

To some people religion, is a private concern like an amateur hobby. But when I read The Holy Qur'an I knew that Islam is no hobby but life itself! - Maryam Jameelah (Margaret Peggy Marcus)

True equality
I realized that Islam gives True equality not only to men and women, but to all races and classes, and individuals are differentiated only their level of piety - Karima Slack Razi

After research
I came into Islam after more then 30 years of research and life experience. Attaining peace through submission to Allah impressed me the most. Whenever I feel troubled my mind goes to the soothing words of the Qur'an. - Suleyman Ahmad

Embryology
When I read the Qur'an I cried in joy of finding the truth. I was graduating in microbiology at that time. The description of the embryological process in the Qur'an [unknown at that time] impressed me. Once I was sure The Qur'an is truly from God, I accepted Islam. - Erin Saumaya Fannoun

Complete system
The teachings in Islam resembled the values I had been taught: belief in God, respect for others, truthfulness, courtesy, charity and honour. In Islam these are integrated into a complete system that is easy to understand. - Greg Noakes

Found the missing pieces
I came to know that Muslims believed in all the previous prophets, the miraculous birth of Jesus (pbuh), that there is no need for a mediator, that Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet and that there was another Prophet Muhammed(pbuh). I found that I had discovered all the missing pieces that I had been searching for. - Aminah Vanderdrift

Superficial freedom
It seems that a Western woman's happiness hinges on her access to nightclubs, alcohol and revealing clothes; and the absence of such freedom in Islam is seen as an infringement of basic rights. Such superficialities have very little to do with true happiness. - Haiqa Khan

Very definite
Islam is very practical, providing guidance on every aspect, including prayers, diet, cleanliness, manners and respect for parents. Right and wrong are definite in Islam. Limits are set, I was never able to find this [in my previous religion]. I thank God daily for the gift of Islam - Zahrah Riddle

Meaningful
I found myself agreeing with what I was reading in The Qur'an rather than arguing against it. By the time I had finished reading it I was convinced that I had found something important and meaningful. - Bushra Finch

Worship the creator
In Islam we worship The Creator. Others worship stones, or men as incarnations of God. You should worship the One that created everything. Reading The Qur'an will cut down your journey in search of the truth about life. - Abd-ul Waahid Paterson

Found my way
At the moment of my conversion, no angels sang hymns and no beam of light hit me, but I was filled with an enormous sense of peace and hope. I finally found my way. - Nuh Brecheen

Appeals to the truth-seeker
Islam is rational, natural and appeals to the truth seeker. The belief in one God frees us from superstition. It naturally leads to equality, for all have been created by the same God and are the servants of the same Lord. - Muhammed Aman Hobohm

Living Principle
The Qur'an touched me in a way that nothing else ever had. When I read the Yusuf Ali translation, I just cried. Islam has grown into a living principle in my life. I am a better Muslim this year than I was last year. - Joanne Richards

No Free ride
There's no free ride in Islam. Everyone is responsible for his actions. Islam has the answer to racism, feminism, abortion, high murder rates and drug selling. It shows human beings how to live their lives right. - Shaheed (Damian Williams)

Jesus in Islam
In Islam I found the real Jesus. As a leader of believers, and a prophet to love as an example. It was Islam that made me love him. - Abdul Azim (Greogor Shepard)

No Hocus-Pocus
In the Qur'an, there is no hocus-pocus, no spookism, no mysticism, just plain, simple understanding 'Truth'. When I heard the call for prayer, I felt a closeness to god that penetrated my heart and soul. - Abdussalam Sipes (Clinto Sipes)

Nothing to offer
Muslims are the hardest people to convert to another faith because there is nothing to offer them! In Islam, there is a relationship with Allah, forgiveness of sins, salvation and promise of Eternal Life. - Khadijah 'Sue' Watson

No comments: