5 – None Can Benefit or Harm Except God
Benefit or harm, good or ill, ease or hardship, good fortune or misfortune, all come from God. None can benefit or harm except Him. If God intends to give you benefit, none can withhold it, if He intends you harm, none can protect you. The Qur’an says:
1. Whatever of good befalleth thee (O man) it is from Allah, and whatever of ill befalleth thee it is from thyself. We have sent thee (Muhammad) as a messenger unto mankind and Allah is sufficient as witness.—4: An–Nisa: 79
2. If Allah touch thee with affliction, there is none that can relieve therefrom save Him, and if He touch thee with good fortune (there is none that can impair it); for He is Able to do all things.—6: Al–An'am: 17
3. Say: Naught befalleth us save that which Allah hath decreed for us. He is our Protecting Friend. In Allah let believers put their trust!—9: At–Taubah: 51
4. If Allah afflicteth thee with some hurt, there is none who can remove it save Him; and if He desireth good for thee, there is none who can repel His bounty. He striketh with it whom He will of his bondmen. He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.—10: Yunus: 107
5. And whatever of comfort ye enjoy, it is from Allah. Then, when misfortune reacheth you, unto Him ye cry for help. And afterward, when He hath rid you of the misfortune, behold! a set of you attribute partners to their Lord.—16: An–Nahl: 53-54
6. Yet they choose beside Him other gods who create naught but are themselves created, and possess not hurt nor profit for themselves, and possess not death nor life, nor power to raise the dead.—25: Al–Furqan: 3
7. Say: Who is he who can preserve you from Allah if He intendeth harm for you, or intendeth mercy for you. They will not find that they have any friend or helper other than Allah.—33: Al–Ahzab: 17
8. And verily, if thou shouldst ask them: Who created the heavens and the earth? They will say: Allah. Say: Be-think you then of those ye worship beside Allah, if Allah willed some hurt for me, could they remove from me His hurt; or if He willed some mercy for me, could they restrain His mercy? Say: Allah is my all. In Him do (all) the trusting put their trust.—39: Az–Zumar: 38
There is a beautiful hadith to prophet Muhammad (PBUH) says that:
"If the mankind and Jinn gathered to benefit you this will not happen except by God's will and if Mankind and Jinn gathered to harm you this will not happen except by God's will."
In our lives you will find people who are kind and wants to stand with you and evil people who would like to harm you. Nothing will happen except by God's will.