Friday, August 17, 2007

Sura 71, Noah (Noah)

From: http://www.masjidtucson.org/

[71:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[71:1] We sent Noah to his people: "You shall warn your people before a painful retribution afflicts them."

[71:2] He said, "O my people, I am a manifest warner to you.

[71:3] "To alert you that you shall worship GOD, reverence Him, and obey me.

[71:4] "He will then forgive you your sins and respite you for a predetermined period. Most assuredly, GOD's appointment can never be delayed, once it is due, if you only knew."

[71:5] He said, "My Lord, I have invited my people night and day.

[71:6] "But my invitation only increased their aversion.

[71:7] "Whenever I invited them to be forgiven by You, they placed their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their clothes, insisted, and turned arrogant.

[71:8] "Then I invited them publicly.

[71:9] "Then I proclaimed to them loudly, and I spoke to them privately.

[71:10] "I said, `Implore your Lord for forgiveness; He is Forgiving.

[71:11] " `He will then shower you generously with rain.

[71:12] " `And provide you with money and children, and orchards, and streams.' "

[71:13] Why should you not strive to reverence GOD?

[71:14] He is the One who created you in stages.

[71:15] Do you not realize that GOD created seven universes in layers?

[71:16] He designed the moon therein to be a light, and placed the sun to be a lamp.

[71:17] And GOD germinated you from the earth like plants.

[71:18] Then He returns you into it, and He will surely bring you out.

[71:19] GOD made the earth habitable for you.

[71:20] That you may build roads therein.

[71:21] Noah said, "My Lord, they disobeyed me, and followed those who were even more corrupted when blessed with money and children.

[71:22] "They schemed terrible schemes.

[71:23] "They said, `Do not abandon your gods. Do not abandon Wadd, Suwaa`, Yaghouth, Ya`ooq, and Nasr.'

[71:24] "They misled many. Therefore, let the wicked plunge deeper into loss."

[71:25] Because of their sins they were drowned and assigned to the hellfire. They found no helpers to protect them from GOD.

[71:26] Noah also said, "My Lord, do not leave a single disbeliever on earth.

[71:27] "For if you let them, they will only mislead your servants and give birth to nothing but wicked disbelievers.

[71:28] "My Lord, forgive me and my parents, and anyone who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women. But do not give the disbelievers anything but annihilation."

No comments: