Sunday, August 05, 2007

Geronimo B. Dellomas (Abdul Kabeer): Journey To Islam.

From: www.thetruereligion.org

Description of myself before I embraced Islam

My name is Geronimo B. Dellomas, Abdul Kabeer in Islam. I was born on 18 January, 1975 in Manila, Philippines. We were a devoted Catholic Christian before, believing in the doctrine of Divine Trinity as being represented by the belief in the god the Father, god the Son and god the Holy Spirit. Presently working with The Gulf Furniture Company Limited in Riyadh.
How I embraced Islamic Faith
Since I was child, confusion about God inculcates in my mind. At home, usually before going to bed my mother used to gather us and gives us lectures about faith in God. Among my favorite topic to listen with is the story about the life of Jesus the son of virgin Mary and the lives of some of his disciples however what made me confused is his nature being the son of god at the same time the god himself. Number of images was placed in every corridor of our home including a human size stone image of Jesus was placed along the stairway. In this way shows how faithful my parents are. One time, I asked my mother the purpose of those images and she told me, to remember God all the time because images enhances our spiritual beliefs in God and will save us and our home from incoming calamities from whatever form. The questions aroused from my mind is that, are their really miracles behind these images? Do they have the power to drive off or divert an incoming calamity? Alhamdulillah, a brother of mine working in Saudi Arabia arrived from vacation, from him I learned that he embraced Islam and his new name is Ishmael. While at home he has shown me a copy of the Holy Qur'an and read in my presence verse 42 to 48 from Chapter 3 (The Family of Imran) and I quote; (42) " Behold ! the angels said: " O Mary ! Allah hath chosen thee above the women of all nations. (43)"O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly, prostrate thy self, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."(45) Behold the angels said: " O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Jesus the Messiah. The son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah; (46) "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity and he shall be (of the company) of the righteous, (47) She said:"O! my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me? He said, even so. Allah createth what He willeth, when He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, "Be", and it is! (48) And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel. Upon hearing these Qur'anic verses I felt my heart is filled with joy coupled with tears falling from my eyes and said what a beautiful story of the man I loved much. For no reason, pride superceded submission. One evening I found my elder brother Ishmael politely requested our mother if he can move the stone image of Jesus and other images of saints and patrons to our store room for safe keeping and free our home from displaying of images however my mother refused to give permission and argue to such request, both presented their bases however to my great surprise my brother read verses from the Bible, Exodus 20:3-4 and 23 as well as Isaias 44:9 which Jesus himself prohibit patronizing other god aside from his God and creating images (as god) regardless of where they were extracted from because they were all useless (of no benefits). For curiosity reasons and almost getting upset towards him I took the Bible he is reading and I read to be sure that he is telling the truth but to my great surprise I found the wordings to be true, again I just keep silent and keep thinking this un-expected circumstances. Thank God, couple of months passed by, the Gulf Furniture Company Limited in Riyadh hired me. I found most of the Filipinos working in this company were newly embraced Muslims. I asked them why did they embrace Islam? They just told me to go with them in the weekly Islamic lecture in the Cooperative Office for Call and Guidance at Al Sulay area and addressed them any questions I have because that would be better for me. The topic of the lecture that evening is about Islam as a way of life and the religion of all the Prophets of God including Jesus. For reason of anxiety I threw them many question. Alhamdulillah, from their answers enlightened my mind with a feeling of certainty that the true guidance is in Islam and was freely convinced with out mental preservation that Islam is the way to eternal happiness. From the bottom of my heart , I accepted Islam and professed the Shahadah "Lailaaha Illallaho Muhammadan Rasulolah" meaning I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah (the One True God) and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

My life after embracing Islam

Praised be to God, being a Muslim by faith gives me tranquility and peace of mind, prayer became part of my daily life rescuing me from being too materialistic. Islam gives me the real beauty and definition of life, its moral values and purposes. Life becomes easier for me to stand with the necessities of life in the modern world because it guides me to the right direction. I learned and understand that man's destiny lies in the hands of the Creator. Alhamdulillah, the happiness of life I am now enjoying in the world of Islam is to myself incomparable. My dear brothers and sisters compare the present life to the life in the next world. Islam promised you eternal happiness in the Hereafter, why not subscribe today for a better tomorrow.

No comments: