Friday, October 12, 2007

WHAT THE HOLY QURAN SAYS ABOUT JESUS (PBUH)

From: www.al-sunnah.com

WHAT THE HOLY QURAN SAYS ABOUT JESUS (PBUH)

ABOUT HIS CONCEPTION:
Behold ! the angels said: O Mary ! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary held in honor in this World and the Hereafter, and of (the company) those nearest to Allah. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity, and shall be (of the company) of righteous. She said: O my Lord ! how shall I have a son when no man hath touched me? He said: even so Allah createth what he willed when he hath decreed a matter, he but saith to it ‘BE’ and it is ! (HOLY QURAN – 3:45 – 47) He said: Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord (to announce) to thee the gift of a pure son. She said: How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me and I am not unchaste? He said: So (it will be) thy Lord saith, that is easy for Me and (We wish) to appoint him as a sign unto men and a mercy from Us. It is a matter (So) decreed. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place. (HOLY QURAN – 19:19 – 22) And (remember) her who guarded her chastity. We breathed into her from Our spirit and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples. (HOLY QURAN – 21:91) And Mary the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of his Revelations and was one of the devout (servants).
(HOLY QURAN – 66:12)

ABOUT HIS BIRTH:
And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree, she cried (in her anguish) Ah ! would that I had died before this ! would that I had been a thing forgotten. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree) grieve not ! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulent beneath thee; and shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree, it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee. So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man say, I have vowed a fast to (Allah) Most Gracious and this day will I enter into no talked with any human being. At length she brought the (babe) carrying him (in her arms) they said: O Mary truly strange things has thou brought. O sister of Aaron ! thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste. But she pointed to the babe. They said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: I am indeed a servant of Allah, He hath give me Revelation and made me a prophet. And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be. And hath enjoined on me prayer and zakat as long as I live. (He hath made me) kind to my mother, and not overbearing or unblest. So Peace on me the day I was born. The day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again). Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. (HOLY QURAN – 19: 23-34)

ABOUT HIS REALITY:
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that as Adam. He created him from dust then said to him ‘BE’ and he was. (HOLY QURAN – 3:59) Say: We believe in Allah and in what has been revealed to Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Book) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam). (HOLY QURAN – 3:84) We have sent thee inspiration as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him , we sent inspiration to Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms. (HOLY QURAN – 4:164) O People of the Book ! commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but that truth.
Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not ‘THREE’ desist. It will be better for you. For Allah is one God, Glory be to Him; (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all thing in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. Christ disdaineth not to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah) those who disdain his worship and are arrogant, He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer). But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards and more out of his bounty. But those who are disdainful and arrogant, He will punish with a grievous chastisement, nor will they find, besides Allah, any to protect or to help them. (HOLY QURAN – 4:171 – 173) They disbelieved indeed those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary, say: who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother and all every one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He created what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things. (HOLY QURAN – 5:17) Certainly they disbelieve who say Allah is Christ the son of Mary. But said Christ: Children of Israel ! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah forbid him the Garden, and the fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. (HOLY QURAN – 5:72) Christ the son of Mary was no more than a Messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them, yet see in what ways from the truth ! (HOLY QURAN – 5:75) Cursed were pronounced on those among the children of Israel who rejected faith. By the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary, because they disobeyed and persisted in Excesses. (HOLY QURAN - 5:78) And Zakariya and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. (HOLY QURAN - 6:85) And We made the son Mary and his mother as a sign. We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and furnished with springs. (HOLY QURAN – 23:50) The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah. The which We have sent by inspiration to thee and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion and make no divisions therein, to those who worship other things than Allah. Hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah choose to Himself those whom He pleases and guides to Himself those who turn (to him). (HOLY QURAN – 42:13) When Jesus the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold thy people raise clamour the rest (in ridicule) (HOLY QURAN 43:57) Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. (HOLY QURAN – 19:34)

ABOUT HIS MOTHER:
Behold ! wife of Imran said: O my Lord ! I do dedicate into thee what is in my womb for thy special service, so accept this of me, for thou hearest and knowest all things. When she delivered she said: O my Lord ! Behold I am delivered of a female child. And Allah knew best what she brought forth, and is not the male like the female. I have name her Mary and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from Satan the rejected. Right graciously did her Lord accept her. He made her grow in purity and beauty. To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Everytime that he enter (her) chamber to see her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: O Mary ! Whence (come) this to you? She said: from Allah, for Allah provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure. (HOLY QURAN – 3:35-37) Behold ! the angels said: Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee and chosen above the of all nations. O Mary ! worship the Lord devoutly, prostrate thyself and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down. This is part of the tidings of the thing unseen, which We reveal unto thee (prophet) by inspiration, thou was not with them when they cast lots with pen, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary. Nor wast thou with them when they dispute (the point). (HOLY QURAN – 3:42-44) At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms) they said: O Mary truly a strange things has thou brought. O sister of Aaron thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste. (HOLY QURAN – 19:27 – 28) And (remember) her who guarded her chastity, We breathed into her from Our spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples. (HOLY QURAN – 21:91) And Mary the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit, and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of his revelations. And was one of the devout (servants). (HOLY QURAN – 66:12)

ABOUT HIS MISSION:
We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with succession of Messengers. We gave Jesus the son of Mary clear (Sign) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. It is that whenever there comes to you a Messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride? Some ye called impostors and others ye slay. (HOLY QURAN – 2:87) Say ye: We believe in Allah , and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes and that given to Moses and Jesus and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord. We make no difference between one and another of them. And we submit to Allah. (HOLY QURAN – 2:136) Those Messengers we endowed with gifts, some above others. To some of them Allah spoke, other He raised to decrees (of honor). To Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah does what He wills. (HOLY QURAN – 2:253) (I have come to you) To attest the Torah which was before me. And to make lawful to you paret of what was (before) forbidden to you, I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me. (HOLY QURAN – 3:50) And in their footsteps we sent Jesus the son of Mary, conforming the Torah that had come before him. We sent him Gospel, therein was guidance and light. And confirmation of the Torah that had come before him. A guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
(HOLY QURAN – 5: 46) Certainly they disbelieve who say Allah is a Christ the son of Mary, but said Christ: O Children of Israel worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him the Garden and the fire will his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. (HOLY QURAN – 5:72) Then will Allah say: O Jesus the son of Mary ! Recount my favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold ! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit. So that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in old age. Behold ! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. And behold ! thou makest out of clay as it were the figure of a bird by My leave. And thou breathest into it, and it becometh a bird by my leave. And thou healest those born blind and the lepers by my leave. And behold ! thou bringest forth the dead by my leave. And behold ! I did restrain the children of Israel from (violence to ) thee, when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: This is nothing but evident magic. (HOLY QURAN – 5: 110) When Jesus came with clear Signs, he said: Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute; therefore fear Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship ye him; this is a straight Way. (HOLY QURAN – 43:63 – 64) Then in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers. We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed his Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invited for themselves, we did not prescribe for them. (We commanded ) only the seeking for the good pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Ye We bestowed, on those among them who believed, on those who disbelieved, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors.
(HOLY QURAN – 57:27) And remember Jesus the son of Mary, said: O Children of Israel ! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, conforming the Torah (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a messengers to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he came to them with clear Signs, they said: This is evident sorcery ! (HOLY QURAN – 61:6)

ABOUT HIS MIRACLES:
And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message) I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord. In that I make for you out of clay, as it were. The figure of s bird and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by Allah’s leave. And I heal those born blind and the lepers, and I bring the dead into life by Allah’s leave: I declare to you what you eat and what you store in your houses, surely therein is a Sign for you if ye believe. (HOLY QURAN – 3:49) Then will Allah say: O Jesus the son of Mary ! Recount my favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold ! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit. So that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in old age. Behold ! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. And behold ! thou makest out of clay, as it were the figure of a bird by my leave, and thou breathest into it and becometh a bird by My leave. And thou
healest those born blind and the lepers by My leave. And behold ! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave and behold ! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the Clear Signs. And the disbelievers among them said: This is nothing but evident magic. And behold ! I inspired the Disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messengers; they said: We have faith and thou bear witness that We bow to Allah as Muslim. Behold ! the Disciples said: O Jesus the son of Mary ! can thy Lord send down to us a Table set (with viands) from heaven? Said Jesus: Fear Allah, if ye have faith. They said: We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou has indeed told us the truth, and that we ourselves may be witness to the miracle. Said Jesus the son of Mary: O Allah our Lord ! Send us from heaven a Table set (with viands) that there may be for us, for the first and the last of us a solemn festival and a Sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs). Allah said: I will send it down unto you. But any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with chastisement such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples. And behold ! Allah will say: O Jesus the son of Mary ! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? He will say: Glory to Thee ! never could I say what I had no right (to say) had I said such a thing. Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them, when thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. (HOLY QURAN – 5:110 - 117) But she pointed to the babe, they said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me Revelation and made me a prophet. And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me prayer and zakat as long I live, (He hath made me) kind to my mother and not overbearing or unblest. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again). Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary, (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. (HOLY QURAN – 19:29 – 34) And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign. We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and security and furnished with springs. (HOLY QURAN – 23:50)

ABOUT HIS DISCIPLES:
When Jesus found unbelief on their part he said: Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah? Said the disciples: We are Allah’s helper we believe in Allah, and thou bear witness that we are Muslims. Our Lord ! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger, then write us down among those who bear witness. (HOLY QURAN – 3:52 – 53) And behold ! I inspired the Disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. They said: we have faith do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslim. Behold ! the disciples said: O Jesus the son of Mary ! Can thy Lord send down us a Table set (with viands) from heaven? Said Jesus: fear Allah, if ye have faith. They said: We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou has indeed told us the truth, and that ourselves may be witness to the miracles. Said Jesus the son of Mary: O Allah our Lord send us from heaven a Table set (with viands) that there may be for us for the first and the last of us a solemn festival and a Sign from thee, and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs). (HOLY QURAN – 5:111 – 114) O ye who believe ! Be ye helpers of Allah. As said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, we are Allah’s helpers ! Then portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But we gave power to those who believed against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed. (HOLY QURAN – 61:14)

ABOUT HIS END:
Behold ! Allah said: O Jesus ! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto to me and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (HOLY QURAN – 3:55) That they said (is boast) We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him. Only likeness of that was shown to them and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge. But only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay Allah raise him up unto Himself and Allah is Exalted in power, Wise. (HOLY QURAN – 4:157 – 158)

ABOUT HIS SECOND COMING:
And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in Him before his death, and on the Day of Judgement he will be a witness against them. (HOLY QURAN – 4:159) And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgement). Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour) but follow ye Me, this is a straight way. (HOLY QURAN – 43:61)

ABOUT NOT BEING THE SON OF GOD OR GOD:
They say: Allah hath begotten a son, Glory be to Him. Nay, to Him belongs all that is in heavens and earth, every thing renders worship to Him. (HOLY QURAN – 2:116) O People of the Book ! Commit to excesses in your religion; nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more that) a Messenger of Allah, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not ‘THREE’ desist. It will be better for you. For Allah is One God. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heaven and on the earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. Christ disdaineth not to serve and worship Allah nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah) those who disdain his worship and arrogant, He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer). (HOLY QURAN – 4:171 – 172) They disbelieved indeed those say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His Will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all-every one that is on the earth? For Allah belongest the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things. (HOLY QURAN – 5:17) Certainly they disbelieve who say: Allah is Christ the son of Mary, bur said Christ: O Children of Israel worship Allah my Lord and your Lord. Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. (HOLY QURAN – 5:72) Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things. (HOLY QURAN – 6:101) The Jews call ‘UZAIR’ a son of Allah and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is saying from their mouth. (In this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah’s curse be on them; hoe they are deluded away from the truth ! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their Lords beside Allah. And (they take their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but one God. There is no God but He. Praise and Glory to Him. (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).
(HOLY QURAN – 9:30 – 31) They say: Allah hath begotten a son ! Glory be to Him ! He is self-sufficient ! His are all things in the heaven and on the earth. No warrant have ye for this. Say ye about Allah what ye know not ! (HOLY QURAN – 10:68) Say ‘Praise be to Allah’, who begets no son, and has no partner in (His) dominion. Nor (needs) He any to protect Him from humiliation. Yea, magnify Him for His greatness and glory. (HOLY QURAN - 17:111) Further, that He may warn those (also) who say: Allah hath begotten a son. (HOLY QURAN – 18:4) It is not befitting to (the majesty of Allah) that He should be get a son. Glory be to Him when He determines a matters, He only says to it ‘be’ and it is. (HOLY QURAN – 19:35) They say; The Most Gracious has taken a son ! (HOLY QURAN – 19:88) They attributed a son to the Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of the Most Gracious that He should beget a son. (HOLY QURAN – 19:91 – 92) And they say: The Most Gracious has taken a son. Glory to Him. They are (but) servants raise to honor.
(HOLY QURAN – 21:26) No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him (if there were many gods), behold ! each god would have take away what ha had created and some would have lorded it over others. Glory be to Him (he is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him.
(HOLY QURAN 23:91) He to whom belongs. The dominion of the heavens and the earth; no son has He begotten, nor He has a partner in His dominion. It is He who created all things, and ordered them in due proportions. (HOLY QURAN – 25:2) Allah has begotten children? But they are liars. (HOLY QURAN – 37:152) Had Allah wished to take to Himself a son. He could have chosen whom He pleased out of those whom He doth created; but Glory be to Him (He is above such things) He is Allah, the one, the overpowering. (HOLY QURAN – 39:4) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten.
(HOLY QURAN- 112:3)

No comments: