Monday, October 08, 2007

The Powerful Night of Ramadan

From: www.islamicity.com

We have indeed revealed this (Message) in the Night of Power: And what will explain to you what the night of power is? The Night of Power is better than a thousand months. Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah's permission, on every errand: Peace!...This until the rise of morn! (97:1-5)The Night of Power in His infinite wisdom is encouraged to be searched during the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan. Since over fourteen centuries Muslims are striving diligently to benefit greatly from it. A rare trade indeed - pure profit and thousand times more!
Interestingly we have embraced the night for its mathematical magic but seemingly misplaced the very essence of the night. In fact, it was just another dark night. But it became the Night of Power because of what was revealed in the darkness. It is now known to us, a night better than a thousand months. The dark night is illuminating the world and the Quran is guiding the humanity ever since.
The Night of Power is celebrated powerfully. Masajid and communities celebrate the night by staying up all night, listening to lectures, reading Quran, etc. What seems to be missing though is to reflect on the Divine Words and to act upon it. Unless that is done, the real power will not be received from the Night of Power.
Ramadan visits us every year and offers us a reason to reflect on all aspect of our lives. The objects of our wants and fears far surpass the limits of human genius, energy, and mortal life. The sum of all that we need and desire .. spiritual or material, essential or superfluous .. simply exceeds our ability to attain it. What, then, is one to do? The believer turns to his or her Creator in prayer. The response is natural. Whether moved by need or hope, or faced with misfortune or danger, people instinctively call upon God. Prayer is at the center of our very being and the marrow of the Muslim way of life. For many in the English speaking world, however, this face of Islam is virtually unknown.
Dua - Supplication - Prayer is Muslim's hope for everything at all times. Let us submit ourselves and plead and plead and plead ... as He alone can relieve us of our anxieties and sufferings.
(the following is an excerpt from Dua Kumayl that was often recited by Imam Ali (may Allah be pleased with him))
by Thy majesty against which nothing can stand upby Thy grandeur which prevails upon all thingsby Thy authority which is exercised over all thingsby Thy knowledge which pervades all thingsO Allah! Forgive us of sins that would hinder our supplicationsO Allah! Forgive us of sins that would suppress hopeO Allah! Forgive all sins that we have committed and every error that we have erredO Allah! Accept our apologies and have pity on our intense sufferings and set us free from my heavy fetters (of evil deeds)O Allah! You are aware of my weakness to bear even a minor affliction of this world and its consequence and adversity affecting the denizen of this earth, although such afflictions are momentary, short-lived and transientHow then can I bear the retributions and the punishments of the Hereafter which are enormous and of intensive sufferings, of prolonged period and perpetual duration, and which shall never be alleviated for those who deserve the same as those retributions will be the result of Your wrath; and Your punishment which neither the heavens nor the earth can withstand and bear!My Lord! How can I, a weak, insignificant, humble, poor and destitute creature of Yours be able to bear them?O' my God! My Lord! My King! And Master! Which of the matters shall I complain to You and for which of them shall I bewail and weep?Shall I bewail for the pains and pangs of the punishment and their intensity or for the length of sufferings and their duration?
Therefore (my Lord!) If You will subject me to the penalties (of hell) in company of Your enemies and cast me with those who merited my punishments and tear me apart from Your friends and those who will be near to You, then my God, my Lord and my Master, though I may patiently bear Your punishments, how can I calmly accept being kept away from You?
I reckon that though I may patiently endure the scorching fire of the hell, yet how can I resign myself to the denial of Your pity and clemency? How can I remain in the fire while I have hopes of Your forgiveness?
So, my Lord! I look earnestly towards You and towards You, my Lord!
I have stretched forth my hands therefore, by Your honor, respond to my supplication and let me attain my prayers and, by Your bounty, frustrate not my hopes and protect me from the evils of my enemies and O' My Lord! have mercy on me whose only asset is hope and whose only weapon is lamentation.
Ameen ... Ya Rabb ... Ameen ... Ameen ...

Blogger Comment:

God forgive our sins and not being up to your expectation.
God aid us to be good Muslims.
God you know that morality is a group act.
God you know that people are following the religion of their leaders, if they are good people are good if they are bad people are bad.
God free us from the Arab Tyrants.
God have the best of us to govern us.
God have your morality and religion spread both vertically and horizontally.
God lift the oppression on us the three structures.
God have the true religion Islam spread to all world.
God as you freed the Israelites from Pharaoh do the same for us make our liberation indisputable and doubtless.
God unite all Muslims on the religion of Islam.
God I promise will follow your commandments and will have your name and knowledge to fill the earth as the water fills the seas.

No comments: